1. Identify the stakeholders: First, I make sure to identify all the key stakeholders who have an interest in the project's outcome. This could include business users, project sponsors, and technical teams.
2. Conduct interviews and workshops: I like to conduct one-on-one interviews and group workshops with stakeholders to gather their perspectives and understand their needs. This helps me to get a comprehensive view of the project requirements and priorities.
3. Document and analyze the requirements: I then document the requirements gathered from the interviews and workshops, and analyze them to identify any gaps, inconsistencies, or dependencies. This also helps me to create a traceability matrix that links requirements to project objectives.
4. Validate and prioritize requirements: Next, I work with stakeholders to validate the documented requirements and prioritize them based on factors such as business value, risk, and complexity.
5. Review and obtain approval: Finally, I present the finalized requirements to the stakeholders for review and approval, ensuring that everyone is on the same page before proceeding with the project.